Change has become a regular occurrence that doesn’t always have to be a complicated and long process. With new initiatives and projects aimed at increasing profits, enhancing competitive advantage and improving performance, adjusting your organisation accordingly may increase the likelihood of success, however, can create an uneasy atmosphere amongst employees. By taking the correct steps in managing change effectively and ensuring your employees better understand the changes taking place, you can reduce resistance, creating a workplace that is more open and willing to change.
A common denominator for achieving successful change initiatives, is the people side of change. When organisational change occurs, employees are often affected at a deeper level, this changes how individuals work: their job roles, processes, structures and often creates a sense of insecurity. In this case, change management can help ease tension and create a smooth process. Here is why you need change management:
- Thrive in an Ever-Changing World - Change has changed. Organisations face faster and more interdependent changes. Applying change management enables an organisation the ability to deliver their desired results, building competencies that provide the capacity to tackle more than one change at a time.
- Close the Gap Between Requirements and Results - It is common for change initiatives to meet requirements without achieving the desired results. This often occurs when the people affected by change don’t fully understand or believe in the benefits to the solution. Change management closes the gap by fully supporting and equipping those impacted, encouraging success.
- Increase Likelihood of Project Success- The better we apply change management the more likely you are to meet your project objective. Prosci’s correlation data shows that initiatives with excellent change management are six times more likely to meet objectives than those with poor change management. When applied effectively change management can significantly increase the success of change efforts.
- Take the Chance out of Change– If you are not efficiently supporting and guiding your employees through the change’s each project brings, then you leave them embracing change to chance. Change management removes the chance from change by providing employees with the preparation, support and skills they need to succeed in change.
- Treat Employees Right –Simply stating that you value your employees on your website followed up by sending an email explaining the upcoming changes which will be occurring is not the correct way to treat valuable assets of your organisation. Change Management ensures that you are proactively engaging and supporting employees with the correct actions during times of change, this is a crucial step when attempting to demonstrate the value you have for them.
Developing Your Understanding of Change Management
Our 3-day in-house Prosci certified change management Practitioner Programme provides participants with a methodology and toolkit for managing change in their organisations. This programme is designed for those individuals responsible for managing change on a specific project or who are building change management competency within their organisation.
Download the course brochure and learn how you can develop your understanding of change management.